6 Week Introductory Horsemanship Program
"It's amazing what you can learn after you've learned all that you think there is to learn" - Ray Hunt.
This is a hands-on introductory program for children and adults wanting to learn about and spend time with horses.
Students will learn a range of basic skills and knowledge to confidently and safely lead, groom, handle and feed horses. Students will gain an understanding of how horses learn, horse behavior and their basic husbandry needs. This course does not contain a riding element, however it’s a perfect introduction for anyone who may wish to learn to ride.
This course will suit:
- Anyone who wants to learn about and spend time with horses.
- First-time horse owners.
- Parents of first-time horse owners.
- Anyone wanting to own a horse in the future.
- Animal Studies & Vet students who want hands-on knowledge of horses to compliment their studies.
- Parents of horse-mad children. Share their passion & talk the language!
What you get:
- Fully supervised lessons with experienced and knowledgeable staff at a purpose-built equestrian facility
- Hands-on time with horses in each lesson
- New skills, knowledge and confidence
- New friends (2 and 4 legged variety!)
- The invaluable and well documented benefits of spending time with horses